When your patients shed blood during the surgical process, in the past it would typically go to waste. Then they might have to endure one or more additional blood transfusions in order to make it through the surgery.
However, our autotransfusion services collect the blood shed, mix it with an anticoagulant, filter and wash it, and then run it through a centrifuge before finally returning the blood to the patient.
This process results in a number of benefits for your patients:
- Blood borne disease, incompatibility, and the potential for allergic reaction are eliminated
- The processed blood is immediately available to the patient
- The immunosuppressive effects which are present with the transfusion of homologous blood, are completely avoided
- Reduces exposure to HIV and Hepatitis B
- Avoids any difficult with religious beliefs rejecting the use of blood transfusions
At Keystone Perfusion Services, we help salvage blood and other patient cells for most surgical specialties, including:
- General surgery
However, the challenge lies in finding certified perfusion technologists and autotransfusionists. At Keystone Perfusion Services, we have both, who are ready and willing to support all of your autotransfusion needs. Whether you have emergent, stand-by, or scheduled staff shortages, our experienced technicians are ready and available to help.
We provide custom quoting tailored specifically to your organization’s specific needs. Contact Keystone Perfusion Services online, or call us at 1-800-407-1198 if you need help providing your patients with the autotransfusion services they need.